Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Week Two: Real Life Action Research

My action research plan will focus on the the avenues to help high school age students suffering from add/adhd. I will look into the pros and cons of different leading procedures to help the students. Such as stimulant medication, theropy and diet restrictions. As a high special eduction teacher I have spent many years dealing with add/adhd students not really understanding the illness or willing to take the time to research the information to help the families and the students. After the action research is complete I will be able to work with the parents on behalf of the students and instruct regular education teachers on classroom activities that may help behavior and focus. I will narrow my research down to two topics 1. Popular avenues for releaving the struggles for students and classroom practices developed for the add/adhd students.
The benefits from my action research will help the students, teachers, coaches and parents of the children. I will be able to have a educated opinion to help other teachers better understand the student and his/her needs. The service I hope to provide will not only promote the students achievments in academics but also in extracurricular activities as well. Understanding the topic and issues will allow the parents to feel welcomed during the ard meetings and help open up collaboration and team work. If the students and parents have a advocate on campus who could explain the issues to fellow teachers, it would benefit all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment