During the duration of the first week in class I have learned a great deal about action research and personal inquiry research. After reading about the activity it made perfect sense why this philosophy works. I have logged many hours doing various research projects, hoping to produce a research paper that would score a good grade. The only goal in mind was the final grade of the project. I have to admit learning and personal growth was not a concern. The traditional research paper are usually issued to the student by the professor eliminating the benefit of interest. Action research allows the individual too research issues that will increase positive actions in their careers and life. The educational administrator can use action research to promote the success in their schools and eliminate negative issues that may be standing in the way of the campus atmosphere.
Administrator inquiry is the ability to look at your current philosophy and actions, and to critically rate yourself. Dana(2009) states that "administrator inquiry refers to the process of a principal engaging in a systematic, intentional study of his/her own administrative practice and taking action for a change he/she learns as a result of the inquiry"(pg2).
I am currently teaching high school special education, and have been very interested in the study of attention deficit disorder in children and adults. The lack of knowledge on this issue on my behalf has lead me to unknowingly label students without really understanding their disorder. The action research will help me not only help me understand the issues but hopefully help the students reach their academic goals.
Dana, N.F.(2009). Leading with Passion and Knowledge: The Principal as Action Researcher. Thousand Oaks,CA:Corwin Press.
I can't wait to see what your research says about attention deficit. When I went to school we were told that we "day dream" and nothing was done and we sure didn't go to the doctor. It will be interesting to find out what research has to say. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete